Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Meatless Mondays - Sesame Noodles

I have tried to straighten out this weird looking post and each time, I make an attempt, it gets worse. I am leaving it, as is and hope you will add your link,despite the mix-up.

My Meatless Mondays - Sesame Noodles

 
I have posted lots of recipes for this dish and finding it on a package was inspiration to make it again.  It is a family favorite and gets eaten, no matter who our company is or if it is just the two us.

A company called Gefen makes these fusion Brown Rice Noodles which are cooked in six minutes.  While they cooked, I made the sauce which had my favorite flavors.    This was a little different than the other recipes.  I don't remember using honey before.  I am not sure if that is why it was so good or not.  All I know, I can't wait to make it again.

Gefen Sesame Noodles
Ingredients
1/3 cup soy sauce
4 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon sesame oil
4 tablespoons cream peanut butter
1/2 minced garlic
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
12 ounces noodles, cooked according to instructions
1 - 2 cups broccoli florets (I used frozen since I did not have fresh)
Method
In a microwave safe small bowl or in a saucepan, combine, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, peanut butter, garlic, ginger and chili powder.  Microwave or heat until peanut butter becomes soft and you can mix all the ingredients into one sauce.
Cook broccoli - just a little
Add broccoli to the noodles and mix in with sauce.
Eat and enjoy.
Looking back:
Cinnamon Bun Pancakes from Frugal in Florida
 
Burritos with Black Beans and Rice from Crispyshipley
20121126-180726.jpg
French Toast Casserole from Ice Cream and French Fries
For dessert: 
White Chocolate Cranberry Blondie Bites from the Pink Recipe Box

5 comments:

  1. What a great roundup of features. Your sesame noodles sound delicious. I never say no to a noodle dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I have shared my cold and flu busting coconut and orange smoothie. You'll find this gorgeous drink will help you recover in no time.
    http://www.greenthickies.com/cold-and-flu-busting-coconut-and-orange-smoothie
    Thank you for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring my White Chocolate Cranberry Blondie Bites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have entered a link to my 'Hamburger Rice Casserole', and I know this is a 'Meatless Monday' linky LOL. You can easily leave out the meat in this recipe and it is just as tasty and serves well as a side dish :) Have a great week and thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting Chaya! I'm sharing the Perfect Holiday Popcorn to serve your guests, and a delicious holiday dessert, Poached Pears w/ Hazelnut Shortbread.

    http://www.beyondthepeel.net/2012/12/poached-pears-with-hazelnut-shortbread.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.